Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs more info  ·  Jeanette MathewsAdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Project Felix) responded  · 

Thank you to the volunteers who reached out for calls! We’ve tracked this issue down to an issue with OpenGL (the code that is responsible for displaying the 3D graphics in the main view) not compiling on some older video cards.

If you have two graphics cards (a discreet Nvidia card and an integrated GPU) then following Ryan’s suggestion to set your default to the discreet card is a great idea. You can also try updating your video card drivers as sometimes new drivers support higher versions of OpenGL. We have a help article here that outlines how to do these: https://helpx.adobe.com/beta/project-felix/kb/issue-intel-video-card-driver.html – however note that this is only for Nvidia cards.

We’re continuing to investigate how we can expand the number of cards that our system is compatible with.

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing happens except the screen flash. The furthest I got was I managed to put in a model of an iPhone, which didn't leave the screen even after creating a new file.

Nothing happens except the screen flash. The furthest I got was I managed to put in a model of an iPhone, which didn't leave the screen even after creating a new file.

Not working. I can't see the grid or anything. If I use some models, it doesn't work. It doesn't appears.

• Ryan RRyan R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello all,

I THINK I'VE SOLVED THIS...

It appear that the blank/grey viewport is caused by Project Felix running on the computer's integrated GPU (in my case, an Intel HD4600). I've now made it run on my discrete graphics card (Nvidia GT 750M) and stuff shows up/works as expected.

STEPS TO FIX ON YOUR SYSTEM (Relevant to PC):

1. Right click on your desktop and select > NVIDIA Control Panel.

2. Chose the 'Manage 3D settings' from the left panel, followed by the 'Program Settings' Tab.

3. Select 'Project Felix' from the first drop-down menu (Use the Add button if it's not listed).

4. On the second drop-down, select: 'High-performance NVIDIA processor'

This process should be similar for Apple PCs and AMD graphics too, and can be used to improve Photoshop and Illustrator performance etc. Hope this works for you, as it's a great little program when running :)

• Jeanette MathewsAdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Project Felix) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello everyone! Thank you for your patience with this issue. We’re having some trouble with this and could use a few users to help us get some more information. If there are any volunteers who would have time for a quick call, please send me an e-mail letting me know what time is best to get in touch. We’re very flexible and appreciate any time!
        - Send an e-mail to jmathews@adobe.com
        - Be sure you are updated to Felix 0.1.1
        - Skype or Google hangouts preferred
        - Call will take about 30 minutes.
        - Preferred M-F 9am-6pm PST

• Ryan RRyan R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has performance/graphics car issues like Illustrator.

The main model area/view-port does not display anything (is grey). When the app opens I can see a placed object but on making the window larger the canvas goes grey. The Render preview window flickers very fast/is corrupted, all the time.

System Info
        - Project Felix Version: 0.1.1
        - OS/Version: Windows 10 Pro
        - Processor: Core i7-4702HQ 2.20/3.20GHz
        - Memory/RAM: 1TB SSD/16GB 1866MHz DDR3
        - Graphics Card/VRAM: Nvidia GT 750M/2GB

I don't think my software has everything I need for it to work. I do not get a grid screen and my preview window do not work.

Seems interesting idea, but do not see anything, can't do anything!
        win 10 pro 64bit

• MannyManny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not working at all on my Macpro can't create a new project or view the features. Here are the specs.
        Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
        3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
        32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
        Macintosh SSD
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB

• Bruno MaldonadoBruno Maldonado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if it's a Bug, or because i'm under the specifications.

Felix work about normal, but do not show the objet, I can import, and use the arrows to move and re-seize but can not see the model.

System Info:
        Felix 0.1.0
        macOs sierra 10.12.3
        2,4 Ghz Intel Core i7
        Ram - 8Gb 1600Mhz DDR3
        Graphics:
        NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024Mb
        Intel HD Graphics 4000

1536https://support.apple.com/kb/SP669?locale=pt_BR&viewlocale=en_USMb

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base