Feature Request Details

GPU Rendering

Would be nice to use this with external GPU. My 2015 MBP with AMD Radeon is running fans so loud, it is hard to listen. And the speed of rendering is pretty slow.

Otherwise I definitely love the idea of 3D app for designers inclouded in CC. Just as handy, as Adobe Muse. Can't wait to see next versions.

35 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Jeanette MathewsAdminJeanette Mathews (Admin, Project Felix) responded  · 

Hello! I don’t have a timeline on this one but we’ve actively started working on enabling GPU rendering. I’ll update when we’re closer to knowing when it might be ready. :)

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you improve use of CUDA on 3rd part video card (like Nvidia Titan X or 1080Ti) for use on macpro or Hackintosh
        The rendering for example is a little bit slow and has not a big request on the GC.
        maybe the ability like on photoshop to run the software with or without an gpu.

• SkyDrifterSkyDrifter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rendering large files that takes longer then 30 minutes puts a lot stress on cpu pushing it to100% and GPU will take stress of cpu balancing load and push faster rendering time.

• LiamLiam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I used Felix for the first time last night, its quite good for quick sketching but the rendering times are painfully slow. I created a simple scene and rendered it out at only 2k*1k and it took over 9 hours. As a test I created a similar scene and rendered it out in a GPU based render software and it only took 44 mins to render the scene in 4k when using my CPU and GPU together. As I usually render out for work projects I aim as high as 10k renders with an average time of 4 hours per frame. When do you plan on releasing GPU support, once that is available I can see this becoming a handy tool for pre-visualisation.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a must to become useful to me; Please implement this feature!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Implementation of graphics card and CUDA technology as the rest of the adobe suite does. Rendering out at the moment appears to be using all CPU and no GPU at the moment

support for nvidia gpu's (or all gpu's in general) , especially nvidia geforce gtx 850m. also a render progress bar would be great.
        still a lot of work to do on the program, but it will be awesome when it's done!

• Tiago MirandaTiago Miranda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really AWESOME if we could use GPU accelerated graphics rendering! I have a GTX 1070 and I would really benefit from using it for Felix instead of relying completely on the Intel i7 CPU. Those who use Quadros would even be more grateful!

Its very slow rendering. It should use the GPUs power to speed up rendering like OTOY's Octane renderer.

• SAMUEL IPSAMUEL IP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Dries Vervoort at least most graphic designers I know have reasonably spec'd GPUs, maybe not top-of-the-line cards a la those usually found in film editors or 3D artists, but having the support of GPU rendering for a entry level 3D design app is going to make things slightly easier!

Project felix is using Gpu for rendering ? I feel that is to slow to use it right now. I have a nvidia gtx 970.

I have an amd gfx card in my mac pro, why Felix does not use it to (pre)render?

I am unsure if Felix currently uses GPU optimization, if not could that be an option, or at least shown in the settings.

• David PrendergastDavid Prendergast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GPU processing offers massive advantages for rendering. It does however restrict users who do no have modern GPUs. SolidWorks Visualise allows for final rendering to be done by the GPU yet allows the CPU to remain relatively free for processing background tasks as normal.

Having the option to enable the GPU to render would be a massive benefit for me.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base